2021 SCJ Conference Student Paper Finalists Announced
20.02.2021 14:56 Age: 124 days
Category: General, SCJ Conference
Stone-Campbell Journal is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2021 Student Paper Competition. This year's competition received submissions from sixteen students representing ten colleges, universities, and seminaries. Such a diversity of students, sponsors, and institutions elevates the quality of the competition, showcasing some of the best work of emerging scholars in the Stone-Campbell tradition. The finalists from this year's competition are:
- Alina Westbrook (Harding University), "Redaction In 1 Chronicles 13 Through 16: Reenvisioning A Deuteronomistic Story With Post-Exilic Eyes." Sponsor: Peter Rice.
- Brian Kelly (Johnson University Florida), "Then I Saw A [Re]New[Ed] Heaven And A [Re]New[Ed] Earth: The Nature Of John's Eschatological Expectation." Sponsor: Les Hardin.
- Mikaela Miller (Johnson University Tennessee), "The Local Authorities: A Sociopolitical Reading Of The Gospel Of Mark." Sponsor: Rafael Rodriguez.
- Alicia Williamson (Harding), "Divine Suffering And Passibility: Terence Fretheim And Jürgen Moltmann." Sponsor: Mark Powell.
- Andy Fleming (Abilene Christian University), "The Founding Of The United States Of America – 'A Free Christian Nation' Or 'A Nation Free To Be Christian'." Sponsor: Wes Crawford.
- David Reed (Bushnell University), "Spirit in the Old Testament: The Foundation for the New." Sponsor: Dennis Lindsay.
Competition finalists are invited to present their papers at the 2021 Virtual Conference on Thursday evening, April 15, 2021, at which time the winners of both the undergraduate and graduate divisions will be determined.