Assistant Professor of Theology
In 1882, W. T. Moore of the Foreign Christian Missionary Society inherited the pastorate and ownership of the West London Tabernacle, a 2,000-seat cathedral in Notting Hill. For nearly 30 years, a succession of ministers struggled to make the congregation grow and become financially viable. Though the tabernacle closed before WWI, its story contains much of interest with regard to the ministers who served it and the missionaries it sent to foreign fields, as well as the prime example of the Disciples' struggles in England.
VOLUME 22, No. 2